Sunday 21 March 2021

#CTC310 CASE the Three Tie Layout on Pg 66

 

CASE the Three Bowtie Layout on page 66 of the January-June Mini Catalogue:


And the sketch to go with it:
I've broken out my new Brilliant Wings Dies (that compliment the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set) and I think you may find they feature more than once on the hop! I diecut three of the same shame butterfly that I felt best fit my rectangle, one in Melon Mambo, one in Calypso Coral and one in Poppy Parade. I then cut three of the background from the large die that cuts 6 butterflies at once. As you can see, I couldn't decide whether to back them with Basic Black or Blushing Bride, and in the end I made one card of each. 

The base card is Thick Basic White and the full front to replicate the diagonals in the original CASE card is from True Love Designer Series Paper. The DSP behind the butterflies is Butterfly Bijou (available for a limited time) and I used the  Rectangle Stitched Dies to cut the shape out. I matted each card with the same colour of the backing of the butterflies. and then adhered that panel to the base card using Stampin' Dimensionals. 

I've stamped a greeting from Timeless Tulips in black Memento ink onto Calypso Coral and Blushing Bride then trimmed and stuck it onto the True Love diagonal background.


I think I have chosen this as my favourite:


But this isn't a bad second choice:


TBH, I really didn't think I needed any more butterflies in my life, but this bundle is sure to be a hit!

We'd love to see you play along, post your project to our Facebook page using the link over to the right before next Sunday evening.

Next up we have Tina and her gorgeous floral twist on the CASE:

2 comments:

  1. My favourite is the pink background - it's so soft and sweet. GReat cards!! And the colours are so cheerful and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are lovely cards but I think I’m leaning towards the one with the black behind the butterflies. It makes them stand out a bit more. I didn’t think I needed anymore butterflies either, but I don’t think I’ll need much more persuading before they head my way.

    ReplyDelete