Sunday 20 January 2019

#CTC212 Sale-a-Bration


We are headed back to the Sale-a-Bration catalogue this week:


For me, it's page 6 as the purple triple image layout attracted me, with a twist using the frogs on page 13...


This card was inspired by the fact our one and only is off to Uni in a few weeks and I have to confess to be a little envious!  What a fantastic opportunity. I hope she has an absolutely amazing time and makes the most of the chance she's been given. Sadly for us, it means she has to move away from home.

A little quirky frog humour with a stamp set I may not have chosen if it wasn't for the recipient!.I've cut my stamp with the unicyle to make this easier. The rest was a mix of masking, trial and error. I ended up starting with the top image and working down. Just stamp a spare image on a post-it note and fussy cut the piece you are needing. Stamp the next image and repeat. 

Next was to colour the images with Stampin' Blends then cut with Stitched Shapes dies. I didn't have the new stitched rectangles but after this, they are elevated on my Wish List!. The vellum image was stamped randomly with Crafting Forever  and Soft Suede ink - (I loved the sentiment -"Do Something Creative Every Day"!). Base is thick Whisper White, with a full size top mat of Granny Apple Green.  Vellum is adhered behind the top layer so you can't see it. The top layer is raised on Stampin' Dimensionals.  The little banners have been fussy cut and mounted on Crumb Cake cardstock, with posts of the same card.



Next on the hop is Rachel - please go and enjoy her lovely creation, and perhaps you would like to play along using the link over on the right:




No comments:

Post a Comment