Thursday 19 May 2016

An Accidental Creation

The accident was someone running over my precious new piece of Peekaboo Peach cardstock with the wheel of my trolley (admittedly on the floor beside my cutter) Eek!! About to throw it out, I thought maybe I could use it after all - somehow.  I began by spritzing generously with water and scrunching up to loosen the card fibres- (this may be the faux leather technique, although I haven't looked it up, just what it looked like when I finished). When I opened up I was happy enough with the look, but decided to try embossing it to flatten it out a bit.  I chose the Fluttering folder and the result was just what I wanted.  At this stage the card was still quite wet and I wondered what it would look like with some colour as well.  I used the new Emerald Envy ink pad and sponged colour to the top of my Fluttering folder and re-lay it over the embossed image and back through the Big shot. Result! After it had dried thoroughly I punched three circles out. I wrapped a piece of ruched ribbon around and then decided to swap out the Emerald Envy for the Cucumber Crush so I could use the new thick baker's twine, which I added over the ribbon.  Another piece was tied off with a strip of gold metallic thread. Layered onto Cucumber Crush and a Basic Black base, with the same colour for the butterflies, gold metallic thread (hard to see but behind each) and bling!  The next card used the previously punched circles mounted onto black for two, and a large circle cut from the Cucumber Crush (which was embossed with Boho Chic TIEF).  Another Basic Black base and butterfly and the little squiggle circles from Botanical Builder Framelits.




No comments:

Post a Comment