Sunday 11 March 2018

CASEing the Catty - #CTC169 Sale-a-bration


Not much longer but back to the Sale-a-bration catalogues this week...



I've chosen the shaker card on the top left of this image at the bottom of page 17: 



Notice I've changed the orientation to landscape to maximise the ability to hide my shaker frame which was filled with Gold Glitter Flakes and Mini Sequin Trim pulled apart. Little tip you might already know - ensure all tape covering is removed before turning your shaker card over!! (Thankfully not too much escaped!). I used thick Whisper White and diecut the word celebrate, then went crazy with my Moss Green Brusho adding a little Yellow on top then waited until it was pretty much dry. I swiped the Dynamic Hexagons TIEF with Soft Suede ink, but not evenly so as to replicate a hive, and it gave random bits of colour in the grooves. I then used my Versamark pad and swiped across the top and added Clear Embossing Powder. Before I heated, I brushed some of the powder off again randomly, to give a shiny image as honey might on a hive. Initially I went towards a Crushed Curry base, but it didn't give me enough contrast, so I drew my inspiration of Elegant Eggplant from the dots of Brusho at the top of the image. You can see these better in my collage photo below.

I made faux washi tape with a strip of Color Theory DSP ripped, and added the banner greeting with words from Party Pandas. You may have seen similar bumblebees to these here before, but I was meant to make more for this card. Stamped with Memento Ink and coloured with Watercolour pencils with Wink of Stella on the wings and antenna - yes I fussy cut their antenna! Little moment of insanity perhaps. I used Tombow to adhere them, added some of the foil hexagons and a few Metallic sequins.



A hard card to show the effects but I've tried with the photo below:


Thanks for stopping by and time to move on and see what Kathryn has been up to this week:



Feel free to play along - create your card and upload with the link over on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment