Sunday 10 December 2017

CASEing the Catty - #CTC158 Case From a Page Your Age


Case a project from a page of your age - or the age you would like to be!  



I have to admit the page of my age didn't spin my wheels, so this week I think I would like to be 45 and have used the holiday catalogue image below:



I was also wanting the inspiration for a special birthday card for a young lady who turned 18 on Friday. I decided to use a similar style to this one I had made my daughter last year but with the front sealed off to create a pocket for a gift card or similar.  

The Year of Cheer Specialty DSP was perfect for this celebration, and I made the mini treatbag from it, then used a piece slightly smaller as the pocket lining (below). Being a smaller size card, I opted to use Whisper White for the card base, and sponged Sweet Sugarplum around the edge. Diecuts made of Champagne Foil, numbers and bow; along with Sweet Sugarplum: numbers, heart and Happy Birthday, then Vellum from Stitched Shapes. Corners were rounded with the Envelope Punch board. The elements used were the Silver Metallic Foil Doilly, Silver Mini Sequin Trim and Metallic Thread and the tiny hearts are wooden from the Hearts and Stars elements, which were pressed against the Sweet Sugarplum ink pad and then fine tip glue was added for the shine. The front was scattered with assorted size sequins from the Metallic Sequins assortment.  



The inside was calling for another of those cute little Party Pandas, and I wanted a decent space to write a note so the right side was left blank.



Amazing how much more challenging crafting becomes when you have one leg that you are not allowed to bear weight on. However we got there, and I hope it inspires you to have a go at joining in this week, hook up with the link on the right.  Meantime, be sure to pop on over to Megan's blog and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment