Sunday 26 November 2017

CASEing the Catty - #CTC156 Christmas Twist


The brief is actually "Case any project from the annual catalogue and give it a Christmas Twist"... why don't you play along?  Make your card and link using the badge on the right...

 

This week, my inspiration came from the card top right of page 98


The base is thick Whisper White with Be Merry DSP. I wanted to see more of the DSP than above and opted to lose the middle layer with the embossing. My oval is Whisper white cut with the Layering Ovals framelits.  Attached to that is a Pretty Pines Thinlits branch, along with the Cherry Cobbler bow from the same set.  I sponged some whisper white cardstock with Soft Suede and then cut the birds using Birds & Blooms thinlits. This colourway reminded me of one of  my favourite garden birds, the thrush. I am especially grateful for the assistance they give me in eliminating snails from my garden! I added a bit more Christmas twist with the santa hat from Santa's Suit - as you can see I had to do a bit of reverse stamping to get it facing the way I wanted, and it may be a size too big but it will hopefully brighten the receiver's face! The greeting I used fit the purpose, as they live in a different country, so Holly Berry Happiness was used and mounted onto a Garden Green banner.


Thanks for stopping by and you must hop over to check out the amazing set Julia Quinn has created!

No comments:

Post a Comment