Friday 6 January 2017

Love a Challenge

After leaving for holiday, I learned we could apply to be an onstage display stamper in April, and the challenges continue!  I thought it was something I could try for and reading in a hurry, thought I had a few days up my sleeve, but thankfully checked again yesterday and had until today to post...  this is what I came up with:



The cards were kept clean and simple (if you know me, you'll know I struggle doing that!), so I stuck with a similar colour scheme, Night of Navy and Whisper White, Card 1 used a patchwork technique with the Stitched Shapes square, and the Floral Boutique DSP, the greeting from Dragonfly Dreams and tied off with Night of Navy Baker's Twine. Card 2, a Night of Navy dragonfly over some Falling in Love DSP, with a greeting from Beautiful You and the dots from Avant Garden.  Card 3 is the So Detailed Thinlits cut from Night of Navy and pieced onto Whisper White, the greeting from Avant Garden was cut with an oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits, and backed with a Night of Navy diecut from Tags & Labels. I opted to tie a knot in each side of the greeting for this card.


The scrapbook page was totally inspired by the place I am lucky to be relaxing for a few weeks, Cromwell in Central Otago, NZ.  I chose the Tip Top Taupe floral design from  the 2015-17 In Colour DSP stack, but sponged over with Sahara Sand to blend in with the summer colours in the area, the crisp white would be ok for winter perhaps.  I then trimmed a sheet of the daisy design from Falling in Love DSP to finish the base. The title, using Large Letters, was die cut from another sheet from the same DSP and I used the negative for the first word.  The next word was cut from both Blushing Bride and Sahara Sand, and all were layered.  As were the dragonflies.  The map is hard to see in the photo but shows the area location on a map of NZ, along with facts on how long it will take you to travel here!



The 3D items were a little harder for me with the supplies on hand, so I opted to go with the tissue paper on a candle idea, along with a small calendar.  Beautiful You and Watercolor pencils, which I was lucky enough to receive for Christmas, teamed nicely with the new Delicate Details from Sale-a-bration. The relevance of the doily?  Check out the top of the candle, I trimmed one of the new lace doilies and inked with Night of Navy. (If I were to gift this, I would be mindful to ensure the recipient removed prior to igniting).



The calendar, I did have with me, and I constructed a backing and stand from the scrap card out of the DSP packs.  Floral Boutique DSP helped make the image and calendar stand out.

My final project was a trio of framed prints.  I found these frames in the back of the cupboard and they screamed Pacific Point and Mediterranean Moments at me... so thanks again Susan Nygaard, loving this set.  I only had 3 frames, but managed to use all images from the set, coloured with the same watercolor pencils, and just a light spritz with my Stampin' Spritzer.  Not enough to wet the thick Whisper White I had stamped on, but it made my colour soften just a tad...



Thanks for staying with me til the end...


No comments:

Post a Comment