Sunday 14 August 2016

Challenge Entry for #GDP048

My preorder arrived for the new holiday catalogue (beginning 1 September) and in the back of my mind was the "Case the Designer" challenge over on Global Design Project. Check out Tania Kolar's original idea. The weather we are dealing with at the moment suited the new Merry Mice set, you'll have to wait to see the other images, but equally as cute! This time my mouse is singing Happy Birthday and I was trying to avoid colours that made him look like christmas which is how I ended up with the combination of Daffodil Delight and Perfect Plum, along with a touch of Tempting Turquoise. I was still in watercolour mode and used my aqua brush with marker pens.  Surprising how far a little bit of colour will go. I have used very vanilla and stamped the image in Basic Black archival ink. As you know, you can't use too much water or repeat brushing or your card will pill. You just have to be a little patient and let it dry if you need to add more depth. The background might suit those of you who feel they 'can't sponge properly', as I used a Touches of Texture stamp with Pool Party - check out the close up below along with how I added "2 U" (to complete the Happy Birthday song).  Balloons and greeting from Balloon Celebration and Balloon Builders. To finish off I aded some new Fancy Frost sequins. 






No comments:

Post a Comment