Sunday 29 April 2018

CASEing the Catty - #CTC176 Favourite Occasions Catalogue Project


CASe your favourite 2018 Occasions Catalogue project this week


I went with Bird Banter and the card on the left in the photo at the top right of page 43


Going to be sorry to see Bird Banter retire - but I've had a lot of fun with this set. I do think it might stay in my stash just a bit longer. I've used similar colours to the card in the catalogue. A bit of white on white for the background, with the base card being Thick Whisper White. Instead of the retiring Brick Wall TIEF I've used embossing paste and the brick mask. To my dismay my embossing paste hasn't been used in a while and sulked on me by going hard. I'd read people having various success at adding water and how it turned out. I easily broke a piece off, added it to a tray with a bit of water and mashed it with my palette knife. Result? Yes - it worked!  So before you get all sad like I was about to, if you persevere a little, you will find you can still use your paste. I only made enough to use today - and I can't say how it would keep if I'd tried to fix the whole pot. Just my experience and it may help you.

I stamped the bird and branch images with Memento ink and used my Stampin' Blends to colour. You'll be pleased to know there are a few more colours coming in the new catalogue. I snipped around the tail of the parrot, and the leaves on the cockatoo image, then diecut circles of the images with the little pieces pulled over the top of the die so they didn't cut through.  These were adhered to my brick wall, a fussy cut balloon was added on dimensionals, and I liked how the card above used the parrot to hold the balloon, so I did the same, just poked a hole above and below the beak and threaded the baker's twine through. Greeting from Bird Banter stamped onto Pool Party and a few of the retiring Tutti Frutti sequins attached to finish.


Thanks for stopping by - please create your own card and add it to our Facebook page with the link on the right. Meantime please visit the lovely Fi and check out her creation:

No comments:

Post a Comment